Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We have CA's!!!



I am sooooooo excited. Today I received the best e-mail ever from my agency. It was confirmation that we now have a Consulate appt scheduled. We have booked our flights on Continental and we are leaving for China on Thur. Aug. 31st:-) The itinerary is as follows:

August 31: Leave Orlando to Newark at 6:45am, then Newark to Beijing at 12:48 pm.
September 1: Arrive Beijing (staying at the Wang Fu Jing Hotel) Recoup from hangover, I mean jet lag. Did I mention I hate flying?
September 2: Sightseeing the Great Wall and the Summer Palace
September 3: Sightseeing the Imperial Palace in the morning, then
fly from Beijing to Lanzhou to get KYLIE that evening!!!!
September 4: Registration and notarization
September 5-7: Sightseeing in Kylie's hometown
September 8: Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork and then fly to
Guangzhou. Stay at the White Swan
September 9: Photos and Physical exams for the babies
September 10: Local sightseeing and shopping!
September 11: Visa appt at 9:00am
September 12: Swearing in ceremony at the Consulate, get visas
September 13: Fly from Guangzhou back to Beijing then on to Newark
September 14: Arrive Orlando airport at 10:57pm as a family of THREE!

I am sooooooo excited that we are going to be staying at the White Swan. This is not only a very nice hotel where the infamous "red couch" photos are taken with all of the babies, but they also provide adoptive families with a wonderful souvenir. If we are lucky enough to get one of the souvenirs, I will make sure to post a pic for everyone to see.

Did I mention that I am sooooooo excited!?!?!?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! BEST OF LUCK!! I will log in everyday to see your progress!! Very excited for both of you!!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Hi Judy:

Hi, it's Lori from your Wuwei group. I will be following your journey to your beautiful daughter in Wuwei.

Safe and joyful travels!

Lori
Katie Starr's mommy - another Wuwei beauty :)

Anonymous said...

Big Time Congratulations Judy and Sean. This is so exciting even for me. I am sooooooooooooooo happy for you. I will wait impatiently until September when your whole family is back. May you, Sean and Kylie travel safely through your journey back.

Anonymous said...

that anonymous blogger was me Lillian. Sorry about that. First time using a blog.:)

Catherine said...

Catherine and Jack here: (Jack works at the Swan and Dolphin)just wanted to say Congratulations to you! How exciting! We will be checking your blog to follow your journey! Can't wait to see pics of Kylie w/ her mom and dad! Safe journey!
Catherine and Jack

Jonathan S. Jones said...

Congrats! I'll be thinking of you guys!