We've been keeping busy as usual. I have good intentions of updating more often, but I just don't always get around to it. We just had a long holiday weekend and enjoyed every moment of it. First, I want to thank our friend Jeanne for sending us a care package last week. We LOVED going thru all of the goodies that were lovingly packed. I took a photo but there was alot more that had already been put away. Thanks for being so thoughtful!
Now for our weekend in bullet points:
- Friday, Sean and I took the day off. We attended sports day at Kylie's school. It was great to see Kylie participate in some of the relay events. There was a parent and child activity and that is when I realized that Kylie does not have a competitive bone in her body. We had to tie balloons around our ankles and protect them while trying to pop the other participants balloon. Needless to say, she did not care for that little event and was quite frightened about the process. I made sure not to make a big deal about it and sat down gracefully after the other parents enjoyed stomping on our balloons:-)
- Afterwards, we left Kylie in school while Sean and I enjoyed a movie date. We watched The Hangover. It was hysterically funny and we really enjoyed it.
- Friday evening, we attended a BBQ at one of our colleagues home. It was the home of the head chef from work and we had a fantastic time.
- Saturday morning after swimming lessons, I relaxed pretty much the entire day and Sean went grocery shopping.
- Saturday night we met up with a colleague and his wife for dinner. We ate at Red Dot and not only did we enjoy great drinks but the food was fantastic. This is definitely a "do over". Check out the link if you get a chance.
- Sunday was Singapore's 44th Birthday referred to as National Day. There were parades and fireworks around the town. We opted to stay in and have a BBQ of our own with friends.
- Monday we took Kylie to see "UP". I thought the movie was cute but the story line may be a bit too much for my barely four year old.
That's all for now. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. We are enjoying ours:-)
Goodies from home thanks to our friend Jeanne.
Sports day in Kylie's school. Flag due to National Day celebration.
Dinner at Red Dot. Yuummm...
Kylie sporting the Singapore flag tattoo.